Wednesday, June 17, 2015

#7: How to listen -5

    Don't you visualize the sounds you hear as a letter? If you do so, it seems that you cannot receive the sounds as it is. In other words you translate the sounds into your native language. You put the sounds into the letters, taranslate the letters into your native language, then understand the meanings of the sounds.

    I did this before. I visualized the sounds as a letter. But now I do not and now I know this visualizing is totally wrong or uneffective for our listening. It is not listening but translating.

    Listening to or hearing your second language is not translating. Listening is just to listen. Hearing is just to hear. Then, how do we get the meanings?

    The meanings unify with the sounds. So we can get the meanings from the sounds you hear.


My YouTube channel is ESPINMC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.