Sunday, August 9, 2015

#19: How to speak -3

    Shadowing is useful for our accent, rhythm, and intonation practice but it is not useful for our pronunciation. If we want to improve our pronunciation, we should learn Phonics or IPA.
    Why is the shadowing practice not useful for our pronunciation.
    One reason is that it is difficult to listen to the sounds we hear correctly because our voice disturbs our hearing sounds. Another reason is that in turn it is also difficult to check our own pronunciation because the sounds we hear disturbs our voice. And I think it is most important but we must make sure our mouth shape in our pronunciation practice while in the shadowing practice it is difficult to check our mouth shape.
    So if we want to improve our pronunciation, we should learn Phonics or IPA. We can learn these things on YouTube and that for free and I think it is pretty much effective, for my pronunciation was so terrible before I began these practice, but after I start learning Phonics and IPA, my pronunciation have improved dramatically. Maybe, this is because these practice make it possible to listen to the sounds I hear, check my pronunciation and my mouth shape.


My YouTube channel is ESPINMC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.